I thought that this was an interesting article. Etiquette expert Myka Meier shares her tips with Town and Country on 20 etiquette lesson that every child should know. I wanted to share those tips with you and my daughter.
1. The true meaning of etiquette is always to show respect and kindness to everyone around you.
2. Use please, thank you and excuse me everyday. (I wish more parents taught this, it's incredible how rude teenagers are!)
3. How to hold your silverware correctly.
4. How to properly use a napkin to wipe your mouth. (No sleeves!)
5. How to chew with your mouth closed.
6. No elbows on the table......ever!
7. Never interrupt an adult when they are speaking to someone else. (some adults should know this!)
8. Never comment on someone's appearance unless it's to say something nice.
9. How to give a compliment to someone else.
10. How to write a thank you letter.
I hope that you enjoyed these tips from Myka. If you wish to read the original article and see the rest of the list you may see it here. I love having these tips. It's a great review even for yourself.
(photos via Pinterest)