Blog Photo

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

My Dream Dinner Guest List



I recently heard a favorite blogger of mine talk about her "dream dinner guest" list. Once I heard it I thought, "gosh it would be fun to have dinner and talk with some individuals that I would love to meet".

So I begin to ask myself, who would I love to meet, what would I serve, how would I decorate the room and table. That would be a lot of work! But since this is all pretend I guess I could pull it off.

My dream guests would include....

President Section:

George Washington
Michelle Obama


I think both Michelle and George are very intelligent. I love his quote:

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.

I believe in this whole heartily



And this is a great quote from Michelle that I love....

Whether you come from a council estate or a country estate, your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.

This is true. Our success does come from our own strength and fortitude. 




Cooks:

Martha Stewart
Ina Garten
Julia Child


I have been a Martha Stewart fan since my college years. I know, I know she went to prison but that does not bother me. I still think that she is a brilliant business woman. 




I just adore Ina. I love her home and her garden. She seems to have such a simple business and life. Her recipes are simple and easy, elegant and sophisticated. 






I read her book My Life in France and it was such a wonderful read. I wrote about it here. I would love to talk with her about her life there. 


Singers:

Frank Sinatra
Ella Fitzgerald
Sade


Love, love, love their music! I have a permanent Frank Sinatra station and Ella Fitzgerald station on my Pandora radio. It would be delightful to meet them both. 






I remember when I got my first Sade c.d. I was a senior in high school. I have been wanting to see her in concert ever since. 


Actors and Actresses:

Carey Grant
Dorothy Dandridge
Sinbad- I have to have someone funny and his jokes are clean and good.



There is something so chic about this man. I love his movies and would love to speak with him about gentlemen during his time. 




I think she is so gorgeous and is such a talent but I also believe that she had so much sadness. I would love to speak with her about the strength it took to press forward during her time.





I think he is so funny! His jokes are clean and real. I loved his show "Sinbad Where U Been". My husband and I never stop laughing when we watch this! 




Great Spiritual Leaders to me:

Jesus Christ
Mother Teresa



There is so much to ask the Lord. Even though the bible provides all the answers to get things back in order, I know that I would also need some private time with him. Just having him there at the dinner would give me so much peace and joy. 




I wish I could just sit next to her and have her transfer her love for people to me because sometimes I tell you I STRUGGLE! I love this quote of hers....

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.




First Black Principal Ballerina Misty Copeland




I adore Misty and her work. In 2015 she became the first black principal ballerina at the American Ballet Theatre and that spoke volumes to me! I read a little about her struggles with her body image and eating disorder. I am glad to see that she has risen to the top and continues to thrive. I follow all her social media outlets and would love to meet her! 








Designers:
Aerin Lauder
Carolina Herrera






I read her book Beauty at Home and was so inspired by it. You can read my blog post here about her. I would love to speak with her about the family business and her inspiration on a regular basis.





I love Carolina's style and poise. She is such a wonderful designer and business woman. I still can not believe that she started this business in her 40's! It is truly extraordinary and encouraging. I love watching this interview of her and I would love to have her at my dinner. 









And of course my husband, I think he is pretty smart and would have to have him there enjoying this moment with me.

Now, since the guest list is complete I think I would serve chicken and fish.





And these roasted sweet potatoes, they look so good....









Some light roasted vegetables and a salad would be nice....





Light refreshments and...




this crepe cake for dessert! I have always wanted to try one of these!



I would keep the decor simple and chic....












This would be a night for me that I would cherish..... to dream........






(photos via Pinterest)





















7 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs Shockley. I loved this! I enjoy all of your blogs but this is one of my favorites. It made me think of who I would invite and what I would serve if I could have a dream dinner. Thank you for your lovely blog. I check it every day to see if there is a new post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Debbie! You know I never really know if any one reads it so it is always good to hear from readers! Thank you so much for stopping by and chatting!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely blog post! I agree about Ina Garten and Julia Child. I would be nervous to serve them something I cooked though! I think I would invite the Duchess of Cambridge as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michelle!
      Thank you for stopping by! I checked out your blog and I like it a lot! You have been blogging for quite some time. I tell you finding things to blog about gets difficult sometimes but I am glad to see that you are still going. I so agree with you about being nervous in front of Ina and Julia. I think I would be more nervous in front of Martha! But I would do my very best and let God handle the rest. I think the Duchess of Cambridge would be a wonderful addition to the dinner. I don't know why I didn't think of her before. I love her wardrobe and she seems quite elegant. Thank you again for stopping by. I hope we chat again soon!

      Delete
  3. What an outstanding list of people you would invite to your dream dinner. this has made me think who I would invite to a dream dinner. What a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs. Shery!
      Yes, I think it would be wonderful having those people. I would have you help me with the decor and food. You would help right? I think that would be so fun!

      Delete
  4. It would be my pleasure to help with the decor and cooking!

    ReplyDelete