Blog Photo

Friday, November 18, 2016

Renewing My Cookware




I shared earlier this week that my husband and I have been invited to a few weddings this year and it has given me a chance to look at wonderful household items. As I said I feel like a need a "do-over". Not only have I been finding great flatware but the cookware has been fabulous also.

My husband wanted to cook something on the stove and he pulled out one of our pots and said, "Okay, I think we need a new set". So of course I grin from ear to ear. I hope he reads this and gets an idea of what my heart is desiring.....












Love this set. It is designed in Italy.







I love the mix in this set!



This would be fantastic to receive in the mail!















I hope to be getting a new set in the near future (hint, hint to my husband). But I have enjoyed shopping for my friends and being there celebrating their new journeys with one another. 










(photos via Google)











3 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Shockley,

    I really think we are thinking the same thing sometimes. I love reading the wedding magazines at the salon because as you said, there weren't so many options when I got married, either. I have recently bought a set of white dinnerware and have been replacing my old pots and pans, one at a time, being sure I only buy what I need and use. The difference is so obvious....it's funny I didn't see the need and when I did finally start I was so delighted. I love my new All Clad and am buying them piece by piece. They have been on sale at Sur La Table, so I am staying with them, for the time being. I am enjoying my new Crate and Barrel white dishes so much. It's interesting that when one decides to upgrade it becomes a mission!!

    I really enjoy your posts, Warmly, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh too funny Kathleen! My husband and I signed up for a cooking class at Sur La Table! It was last night and the theme of the night was "Autumn in Italy". We loved it! Of course while you are there you start to look at all of the dinnerware, cookware and flatware. We purchased a new skillet and pot, some knives and other kitchen needs. I love having my new skillet. My old one was from when I lived alone in my first apt some 14 years ago! So I was due! Thank you for always visiting the blog. I really do appreciate the comments.

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the cooking class at Sur la Table. We are looking to the "DATE NIGHT" classes after the holidays, when it's that dreary time of the year. I am with you on new knives....they are next on my list. There are so many options, I have to do my homework before I shop.

      Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Kathleen

      Delete