Last month I shared that I am reading a book called Thirty Chic Days~ Practical Inspiration for a Beautiful Life and I am still enjoying this book. Last week I was reading a section of the book called "enjoying feminine pursuits" and in this section the author Fiona talked about feminine pursuits or past-times that she loves to include in her life.
That got me thinking..... huummm do I have any feminine pursuits that I enjoy? Well of course I do! So I decided to share my list of my favorite feminine things to do.
* Goodwill shopping ~ I love looking for great skirts and shirts to add to my wardrobe. See my blog post here about my thrift store shopping.
My blouse and skirt are from the thrift store.
* Playing the piano ~ I take lessons every Monday! See my blog post here about my lessons
* Buying flowers and flower arranging ~ Shocker, I think not!
My weekend flower loot!
* Watching old movies. See my favorites here.
* Manicures and pedicures
* Hearing influential women speak about life, failures and careers
* Having tea with friends. See my post here about that.
* Collecting silver and learning about it. See my blog post here about that.
* Wearing perfume. See my blog post here about my favorites.
* Collecting blue and white plates. I have a serious problem... but I love the way they look.
The blue and white plates I found at T.J. Maxx last month along with some of my other goodies.
* Wearing pink and red finger nail polish. There is just something so chic about those colors.
* Wearing big curls in my hair everyday! I love it!
* Volunteer work. I recently volunteered as a fashion counselor for the Dress for Success program at my office! Yeah!
* Listening to my little girl every morning talk to me about life.
* Before leaving my office making sure my daily to-do list for the next morning is complete. I hate coming in the office and not having my day planned. Drives me nuts!
And last but certainly not least, praying on a regular basis (sometimes hourly if I am truly disturbed) and working on my finance spread sheet every other Wednesday. You should know what your monthly finances are.
I hope you enjoyed this list. Keeping your goals and dreams in the front of your mind is always helpful and will help you stay the course.
(photos via Mrs. Shockley and Pinterest)