Every once in a while I find a list so inspiring that I repeat it in my mind, print it out and make notes. I recently read this list from another blogger. I thought it was so inspiring that I had to share it.
1.When you don’t want a vacation from the life you live everyday, that is a very good sign you’re listening and abiding by your authentic self’s yearnings and innate predilections.
2. When life gives you unexpected good news but you don’t know how to deal with it, be grateful. The universe doesn’t give what it doesn’t think you can’t eventually handle (excuse the triple negative).
3. Being around sincerely positive people will change your life for the better if you’ll let them.
4. We often pick small battles with others when we aren’t content with how our lives are currently going. Instead, take a breath and a step back and ask yourself, is this debate really worth the energy or do I just want to feel as though I can have control over something? Let it go. You have more control over your life’s direction than you realize, and in time, so long as you are making progress, no matter how small, the change you seek will come.
5. Save one-third of what you make before taxes. You’ll have a much larger smile come April 15th (for U.S. residents).
6. The little everyday luxuries make a tremendous difference in the quality of our lives.
7. Say no when it doesn’t feel right even though you can’t explain. Something that you will want to say yes to will be glad you waited, and so will you.
8. Learning something new will seem impossible initially, but eventually, the wall of obstruction to the knowledge you seek will begin to crumble as a result of your patient persistence.
9. Listen to what speaks to you and follow it where it leads.
10. Work better, not more.
If you want to read more from this blog post by Shannon Ables from the Simply Luxurious Life see here.
(photo via This is Glamorous)