Blog Photo

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

The L.S. Ayres Tea Room Recipe ~Chicken Velvet Soup



A few weeks ago my family and I had a wonderful lunch at the Ayres Tea Room. There is a beautiful and scrumptious soup there called the "chicken velvet soup" and boy is it delicious!

My husband purchased the recipe book for me while we were in the gift shop. I wanted to share the recipe for this beautiful dish. It has been a classic and favorite for 110 years!



Chicken Velvet Soup ~L.S. Ayres Tea Room

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup of flour
1 cup warm milk
1 pint hot chicken stock
1 cup warm cream
1 quart chicken stock
1 -1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1/4 tablespoon salt
dash of pepper

Combine butter and flower, blending well. Add warm milk, pint of hot chicken stock and warm cream. After cooking well, and remaining ingredients.


Yield: 2 quarts










photo via AHFE








1 comment: