I was so excited to receive my book. I have already begun reading it. I can't get enough of hearing about the stories of Madame Chic. How she dressed, how she prepared her meals with thought everyday.
It seemed as though she lived her life with purpose. Learning how to live your life with beauty is very hard sometimes. People either love it or hate it. I get a combination of both. I have women who turn their noises up at me because I fresh flowers in my office everyday.
Sometimes the women stare at me because I am at the grocery store in a dress or skirt and pearls. But I know secretly in their hearts they long to be elegant. Most women do. I know that some women don't have the confidence nor imagination to execute beauty. But one can learn with a good attitude.
In Jennifer's book she gives 5 Characteristics of Poise. These tips will help you to get your mind set on being elegant. Here is the list....
1. Confidence: Feeling comfortable in your own skin; a genuine self- assurance.
2. Composure: Keeping a positive perspective while maintaining calm self-possession.
3. Compassion: Thinking of others and practicing selfless.
4. Presentation: Appropriately and stylishly dressed, with good posture.
5. Present: Poised people live passionately in the present moment.
Poise is defined as a graceful and elegant bearing. Hopefully these tips you set you on the path to being an elegant bearing person. If you want to read about my other entries in regards to her books see here and here.
My copy at home
photo via Google and AHFE