Blog Photo

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Why I love Director Nancy Myers

I love interior design and there are some movies that have some rooms and houses that just make your heart sing! Director Nancy Myers has that gift. Most of her movies I have in my dvd collection. She does an incredible job with interior design. I don't know how she does it but I can't get enough of her work.

The movies that she has directed or produced are Private Benjamin, Baby Boom, Father of the Bride, The Parent Trap (1998), What Women Want, Something's Gotta Give, The Holiday and It's Complicated.

Her newest firm The Intern is set to hit the screens this year. I have already seen the decor for some of the rooms in that movie. She has a gift, that's all I can say. And she uses Pinterest as her source of inspiration! Fantastic right? Well, I had to share some of my favorite spaces from her films. If you have not checked out some of her movies you should. They are sure to inspire you!




The house from Baby Boom. Classic....





The living room





Father of the Bride house





Inside of the Father of the Bride house. Fantastic right?





Natasha Richardson and Lindsey Lohan in the Parent Trap (1998). The room, oh my....





"Elizabeth James", Natasha character's home. Gosh, I love the walls! Well done Nancy!





The outside of the home (Parent Trap, 1998)




The father's house in the Parent Trap, need I say more....





Helen Hunt as "Darcy Maguire" in What Women Want. Love the office!





Darcy's condo, wow....






Diane Keaton's house in the Hampton's from "Something's Gotta Give". So chic...




From Something's Gotta Give









The house in the movie.






Meryl Streep's kitchen from "It's Complicated". 






Her bakery







Her kitchen, just wonderful....






(all photos via Google)







2 comments:

  1. I have seen all of the films listed and they are some of my favorite to watch. I can remember watching baby boom for the first time as a kid and falling in love with the yellow house. These are great films with great actors and beautiful houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember when I saw Baby Boom too! The small town was wonderful also! I just love her movies!

      Delete