Blog Photo

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Piano Lessons

Ever since I was a child I have always wanted to learn the piano. I played the clarinet in 5th grade and that was all. We didn't have piano lessons when I was in school and my mother was a single parent so money had to be spent on more important things.

But now, since I am an adult I figured I can learn at this stage in my life. I have the time and I really want to have something else in my life. Working, and being a mother are wonderful jobs but being able to do something for yourself keeps your emotions and mind at ease.

I heard that learning music makes you exercise a different part of the brain.  I want to keep my brain in excellent working condition and I want to add an excellent quality to my life. I have been taking piano lessons for a month and I am enjoying it!!! My teacher has over 20 years experience and is a feisty little lady. She is from Russia and has lived in Indianapolis for quite some time. She has a cute little studio on the south side and her prices are very reasonable.

 Right now, I am learning how to read music so that has been a great challenge! But I am doing very well and want to succeed. One song that I have learned to play is called "The Morning in Spring". It is very short and has taken me 2 weeks to learn.

I am very proud of myself and it has been a great joy to see my family come to the loft to hear me. My step-son has taken a great interest in my lessons. It makes me smile when he attempts to learn the music. He is in band so it is taking him no time to learn the music. If there is something that you have always wanted to learn then I would encourage you to pursue your dreams.

We are only making this journey once. Make it an elegant one.....





My teacher's studio





(photo via Julia Lang.com)






No comments:

Post a Comment