I love lists! I have a to-do list for home, work, bills, clothes, you name it! So when I find lists on how to organize my life and how to bring elegance into my home, I always feel as though I have hit the jack pot! Last year I posted an entry called 100 Ways to be Elegant which was written by the same person who wrote 100 Ways to Uncomplicate Your life. These lists are wonderful and give great insight on how to bring ideas into your home and give great revelation on how to deal with the issues of life. Here are a few of my favorites from that list...
1. Don't try to read other people's minds.
2. Stick to your budget
3. Start saving and investing every week, no matter how little you can spare.
4. Don't try to be friends with everyone. Cultivate closer relationships with fewer people.
5. Don't try to do business with everyone. Identify your target client and take very good care of them.
6. Before getting angry, ask yourself if it will really matter in 20 years.
7. Focus on being a good person, not on pleasing others
8. Make a weekly menu, and shop for only those items at the market
9. If you're holding on to a ridiculous grudge, let it go
10. Clean your house weekly, so that it doesn't become too large a chore.
11. Do your best at work, or at school.
12. Cook simple meals
13. Don't try to keep up with the Joneses
14. Pay off your car before buying a new one.
15. Organize your desk at the office.
16. Spend your time with nice people
17. Avoid drama
18. Refuse to gossip, or talk behind other people's backs
19. Ask nicely for what you need and want.
20. Walk 10,000 steps per day to help your heart.
21. Leave work at work.
22. Don't ENVY others
23. Weed your garden weekly
24. Wash your car weekly
25. You don't need to be best friends with work colleagues, but build respectful partnerships.
26. Return emails and phone messages promptly
27. Schedule in free time.
28. Start you diet on September 1, rather than January 1, so that you won't also have holiday pounds to lose.
29. Take care of any health issues or concerns.
30. Don't let your imagination run away with you
31. Let go of perfection in yourself
32. Drink more water.
33. Eat more salmon
34. Wear you hair in a classic, easy to care for style.
35. Finish what you start
36. Wear classic clothes and shoes that never go out of style.
37. Create a daily routine.
38. Have a 1, 5, 10 and 20 year plan for your financial and life goals.
39. Slow down
40. If a relationship is over, let it go.
Written by DeeAnne from Live the Charmed Life
photo via Pinterest