So once I read this from Ted I thought, "I have to try this". So I followed the recipe and it turned out great! I loved it! It was so simple and quick. I added some french bread and a glass of o.j. it was a great Sunday breakfast.
So here is the recipe and also here is the blog entry from Ted (see here). I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as I did! Enjoy!
1) Break 5 eggs into a bowl, add a splash of milk, a few pinches of salt, a pinch of pepper and whisk together.
2) Turn on broiler in your oven so it begins to heat up. You will want to use a non-stick skillet that can go in the oven for the frittata.
3) Turn heat to the lowest setting on the stove top, and add enough butter so the skillet is fully coated and melts completely.
4) Add the egg mixture to the skillet. Add crumbled bits of smoked salmon and scattered bits of herbed goat cheese around the eggs.
5) Let the eggs cook just until they have set on the bottom, but are still runny on the top.
6) Take the skillet and place under the broiler that you turned on earlier. You want to stay with this dish as it cooks. The eggs will start to bubble, brown, and puff up. Once the entire mixture is set, take out from under the broiler, making sure to wear a heat proof cooking glove or use a hearty pot holder. The handle is going to be quite hot. Serve with toast. This also makes a lovely lunch or Summer supper served with a salad and a glass of Chardonnay.
My frittata. I added the 6 eggs, parsley flakes, salt, pepper, turkey bacon & cheese.
It was wonderful!!