Blog Photo

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Elegance for Bed

I have a friend who is a little older than me and she always shares how you should like nice in the evenings. I just thought "really" you should? And she said, "Yes". The more I thought about it the more I began to agree with her. We should do our best to look elegant at night. So I wear a long silk pink gown and velvet robe. You won't see me in sweats walking around my house. If you do then it's okay. But I just enjoy looking presentable at home. While pinning away on Pinterest I saw this robe below and just fell in love. It is called the Jenny Peckham Silk Robe.



It is absolutely stunning. Just sheer elegance. I also looked it up and saw the price. I won't say how much it is but it's enough to make your jaw drop! I would love to have this but there is nothing wrong with finding cheaper versions. So here are some options below. Macys has great affordable options.  The Vanity Fair collection ( the violet one) is only $30. The Charter Club collection (the white one) is only $44.80. So take a look and start your quest for looking presentable at home. Below is a link to the Daily Connoisseur Blog on looking your best at night.






















 Presentable Sleepwear - YouTube







(photos via Pinterest)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! And your blog. I always dress well at home in the evenings. I splurged on a beautiful robe last year and blogged about it here:

    http://alovelyinconsequence.blogspot.com/2015/09/private-life-and-dressing-gown.html

    Elsa Klensch who used to do a style show on cable wrote a book many years ago and an entire chapter was about robes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna for your post! I always love hearing from readers!I will definitely check out your blog post and Elsa Klensch book! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete